Fish N Fool Knot
How to tie the Fish N Fool Knot. The Fish-N-Fool Knot gained rapid
popularity after it was featured in and won it’s category in North
American Fishing’s “Knot Wars” series. This strong knot is quite easy to
tie and will hold in slippery braided lines (alternates in that
department are the Palomar and the San Diego Jam Knot - pick whichever
of the three you find easiest to remember and tie).
This knot is essentially just a Uni Knot tied with two turns through the hook eye instead of one for the Uni. The doubled line is no doubt what makes it stronger than the regular Uni and also allows it to hold in braided line, unlike the Uni.
Fish N Fool Knot Tying Instructions
- Run end of line through hook eye two times, leaving a tag end of about six inches.
- Form a loop that hangs below the standing line.
- Hold that loop in place and make five or six turns with the tag end around the double line and through the loop.
- Moisten lines and pull tag end to snug up the turns. Make sure they coil neatly around the standing line.
- Slide the knot down to the eye to tighten down the knot.