How to tie the Seaguar Knot. Introduced to America by the factory reps from fluorocarbon line maker Seaguar, this easy to tie and reliable knot joins fluorocarbon leaders to monofilament line. If you look closely you will notice that the Seaguar Knot is actually tied in the same manner as the King Sling knot. The difference being in that the King Sling Loop Knot is tied at the end of a line with doubled line and the Seaguar is tied with two lines, but the methodology is the same. The Seaguar Knot is one of 12 great fishing knots included on the Pro-Knot Saltwater Fishing Knot Cards (click to see).
Seaguar Knot Tying Instructions
- Make a loop in the line and in the leader and hold loops side by side. Note line running from left is on the top part of each loop.
- Insert index finger into loops and make 3 full counter clock-wise twists.
- Hold loops opens and feed tag end of line and entire leader through loop following finger out of loop.
- Moisten lines and pull on all 4 ends to cinch knot into a figure eight. Alternately pull tag ends and leader/line to tighten.
- Trim tag ends close to the knot.