Better Bow Knot
Similar to the regular shoelaces knot, use this version to tie your shoelaces (or string bikini) and never worry about having it come undone. Unties with a simple tug on a free end. Great for kid’s shoes.
Better Bow Knot Tying Instructions
- Begin as if tying the standard shoelace knot with an overhand knot.
- Make a loop on one side.
- Now wrap two times around the loop. Be sure to wrap both these turns around the end of your thumb or finger.
- Form a second loop at the end of the line you made the wraps with and push it through the space made by your thumb or finger while making the wraps.
- Pull both loops in opposite directions.
- Tighten and adjust loops.