The Running Bowline produces a noose or sliding loop. This can be useful for retrieving objects by throwing the open loop around them and the loop will tighten down on the object, as the standing line is pulled tight. The knot does not bind against the standing line and can be easily undone.
Running Bowline Knot Tying Instructions
- Double the end of a rope and wrap tag end over then under standing line and up to side of new loop created.
- Make a small loop on the topside of the original loop by twisting the line over itself.
- Feed tag end through the small loop.
- Wrap tag end once around topside of large loop and back down through small loop.
- Pull tag end tight creating fixed loop that the main line can slip through.