Snell Knot : Traditional Version1. Insert one end of leader into hook eye toward hook barb and other end into eye away from hook, forming a loop below the hook.
2. Holding hook and leader with thumb and forefinger of one hand, begin making wraps around hook shank and leader towards the hook barb with the loop of leader.
3. Hold each wrap in place and make the next wrap.
4. Continue to wrap for 7 or 8 turns.
5. While holding turns in place, pull the end of the leader that is through the eye slowly and steadily.
6. When knot is almost tight slide it up against eye then pull the other end of the leader with pliers to fully tighten the knot.