Bowline On A Bight
This knot forms a bowline (secure loop) in the middle of a line. Useful when you want a non-slip loop but a free end is not handy or to provide two loops in the end of a line. This knot can be used as a sling or as a seat or bosum’s chair in an emergency rescue situation. The two loops can be worked to different sizes if needed.
Bowline On A Bight Knot Tying Instructions
- Double a section of line and form a loop or "eye" in the line.
- Pass the free end up through the eye forming a double loop below the eye.
- Spread open the free end and bring it down to the bottom of the double loop.
- Pass over double loop and continue up to top of eye.
- Seat the knot by pulling on the double loop while holding the standing line.