Better Bow Knot
How to tie the Better Bow Knot. Similar to the regular shoelaces knot, use this version to tie your shoelaces (or string bikini) and never worry about having it come undone. Unties with a simple tug on a free end. Great for kid’s shoes.
Scroll to see Animated Better Bow Knot below the illustration and tying instructions.
Better Bow Knot Tying Instructions
- Begin as if tying the standard shoelace knot with an overhand knot.
- Make a loop on one side.
- Now wrap two times around the loop. Be sure to wrap both these turns around the end of your thumb or finger.
- Form a second loop at the end of the line you made the wraps with and push it through the space made by your thumb or finger while making the wraps.
- Pull both loops in opposite directions.
- Tighten and adjust loops.